Dad Wears Short Shorts in Public to Teach His Daughter a Lesson

by: on | in Random Stuff | 17 Comments

short-shorts-dad-alh-091213

Tumblr

Teen girls — this will certainly make you think twice about the length of your shorts. Recently, a dad in Utah had become so annoyed with the short shorts his daughter was wearing, that he decided to mimic her look. And the results are…interesting.

Seen in the photo to the left, the dad is sporting a “Best. Dad. Ever.” t-shirt while wearing a pair of entirely too short cut offs. While to an outsider it might seem like he was just trying to get a rise out of her and or embarrass her, he actually had a deeper meaning to his scare tactic.

“I simply did this in hopes that my daughter would know of my great love for her and that she knows of her great worth,” Scott Mackintosh told the Desert News. He added, “Now that it has gone viral, I hope that young women everywhere understand their great worth. I will look like an idiot any day if that point gets across.”

The teen in question — a girl named Myley — posted the photo on Tumblr and broke down the situation: “My mom told me to change my ‘slutty’ shorts before we went to dinner. I said no. So my dad cut his jeans to fit in. We went to dinner and then mini golf like this.”

If you notice, Myley even resembles her namesake, sporting a super short, bleach blonde ‘do.

myley

Facebook

As we’re sure many of you know, teenage girls are just about the most stubborn people in the world, so the whole thing didn’t really go over as the dad had planned. He explained: “There was no ‘Dad I get it’ or ‘Dad you’re the best…. thanks for that awesome lesson. I don’t think my object lesson of ‘modest is hottest’ made the statement I had intended. But no matter if social media gets the story mixed up and twisted, my daughter will always know that her dad loves her and cares about her enough to make a fool out of himself.”

What do YOU think of this dad? Was this over the top? Or were his actions justified? Sound off in the comments section!

Miley’s controversial “Wrecking Ball” video…

Twerking Fail Video: Totally Fake!

Tagged:

Previous Post labor-day-crying-gifs-alh-082913
GIFs to Mourn the (Un)Official End of Summer
Next Post joey-storytellers-alh-100713
Behind the Scenes of Joey Graceffa’s ‘Storytellers’! (PHOTOS)

Comments

17 Responses to "Dad Wears Short Shorts in Public to Teach His Daughter a Lesson"

Saige says:

Well the lesson he was teaching his daughter was important. He is an inspiration to girls and young women everywhere. No matter how old they are.

Hannah Avila says:

Wearing short shorts does not make you a slut. She should wear anything she wants without being judged. Clothing does not determine the worth or character of the person. We should teach our sons not to objectify women based on how they dress. This in not a free pass for guys to treat you in a certain way based on how you dress.

Hannah says:

Sammy says:

That’s pretty embarrassing.

faz says:

I think he’s an awesome dad for doing that – it shows that he really loves his daughter – even to the point of embarrassing himself for her sake – and that he likes to have fun.

Sure, there’s nothing wrong with shorts, but short shorts like Miley wears? I think those look pretty vulgar :S

Kudos to him for teaching a fun lesson! :D

René says:

I think her Dad was just trying to do his best, and so I honestly don’t see a problem with what he did. We’ve all seen the teenage girls walking around in public these days with half their asses on display or just simply too much for their parents likings.
    Girls say a lot of things like “He doesn’t want me for me, just my boobs and bum!” but what do you expect if your dressing in a way that only attracts those kind of boys?
    And no matter what the weather is outside, there’s a limit to the clothing you should and should not wear in public.

Kayla says:

To me, it depends on the length of her shorts. If they were the longest she could find, and trust me, it’s hard to find shorts that go below mid-thigh in Utah, then maybe it was a little over done. If they were super short, and she could’ve worn longer shorts, than no, he had a good reason.

Isabela says:

What’s the problem of wearing shor shorts? Shorts are cool and fashion, and the day could be hot. The clothes that you wear don’t make you a slut, this is the judgment of society. Don’t teach your daughters how to wear, teach your sons to respect them

allie g says:

That isn’t the point. The dad’s point was that the way young women dress conveys a message and he does not want his daughter sending out a message of her being a slut or easy. If you are constantly picking your shorts out of your crotch or butt, they are too short. I think that this dad is awsome. He made his point to his daughter and that is what matters. And on the last sentence you made. If the girl dresses like a slut, she’s treated like a slut. It isn’t the guys fault if you’re giving off the wrong message. You can be sexy, cute, fashionable, and modest without looking like a whore or a grandma.

Hannah Therese F. Avila says:

Wearing short shorts does not make you a slut. She should wear anything she likes without being judged. Clothing does not determine the character or worth of the person. We should teach our sons not to objectify women based on what they wear. This does not give guys the free pass to treat women in a certain way.

Hannah Therese F. Avila says:

Hannah says:

Hannah says:

Wearing short shorts does not make you a slut. She should wear anything she wants without being judged. We should teach our sons not to objectify women based on what they wear. This does not give a free pass for guys to treat women a certain way based on what they wear.

Hannah says:

Wearing short shorts does not make you a slut. She can wear anything she wants without being judged. We should teach our sons not to objectify women based on what they wear. We should people not to treat women a certain way based on what they wear.

Izzy says: