Mother Auctions Daughter’s One Direction Tickets After “Lippy Attitude”

by: on | in Entertainment News | 27 Comments

Tumblr (theromanticramblings)

Tumblr (theromanticramblings)

Never mess with Mom — that’s what everyone should take away from the latest form of public shaming after a young girl gave her parents “lippy attitude” and lied about her whereabouts, seemingly on more than one occasion. Because of said child and her friends acting like “little trollops,” the mama’s auctioning off her daughter’s One Direction concert tickets and openly calling out her scandalous acts (via Huffington Post):

“THIS AUCTION IS FOR ALL 4 ONE DIRECTION TICKETS IN SYDNEY OCTOBER 25th. You can thank my daughters self righteous and lippy attitude for their sale. See sweety? And you thought I was bluffing. I hope the scowl on your b****y little friends faces when you tell them that your dad and i revoked the gift we were giving you all reminds you that your PARENTS are the ones that deserve love and respect more than anyone. And your silly little pack mentality of taking your parents for fools is one sadly mistaken. Anyhow. Your loss someone else’s gain who deserves them! THE TICKETS ARE SEATED IN ROW O section 57. REMEMBER AUCTION IS FOR ALL 4 TICKETS and will be sent registered post

…OH YOUR FRIENDS THOUGHT THAT A FEW PRANKS CALLS WOULD PUT ME OFF SELLING THE GIFT WE BOUGHT FOR THEM for YOUR BIRTHDAY because YOU all LIED to us about sleep overs so you could hang like little trollops at an older guys HOUSE????? Pffft!! I find it HIGHLY amusing that you girls think you invented this stuff. Tricks like this on OUR parents is how HALF of you were conceived …..And why a lot of your friends DONT have an address to send that Fathers day card to!!! I’m not your friend. I’m your MOTHER. And I am here to give you the boundaries that YOU NEED to become a functional responsible adult. You may hate me now….. But I don’t care. Its my job to raise a responsible adult..not nuture bad habits in my teen age child”

The real question here: Was it appropriate of the parent to shame her child in this manner? One user on Reddit suggested no, “As a parent myself, I am all for standing up to your words and tough love. I have no problem with taking out a privilege from a kid who had screwed up badly. So go on and sell the ticket. But does the mother have to lower herself to that level, and sound like a bitter teen herself? Who is the adult here?” Whether you agree or disagree, weigh in via the comments below, or on our One Direction message board!

EXCLUSIVE: One Direction talks first kisses with Tyler Oakley!

GIFs to Support Harry Styles’ Modeling Career

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Selena Gomez Russian Concerts Canceled Due to Anti-Gay Laws
Selena Gomez Forced to Cancel Russian Concerts Reportedly Due to Anti-Gay Law
Next Post Big Time Rush Responds to Ryan Suffern's Viral Letter
Big Time Rush Responds to 8-Year-Old’s Viral Letter Asking to Help Bullied Sister

Comments

27 Responses to "Mother Auctions Daughter’s One Direction Tickets After “Lippy Attitude”"

ISpeakMyMind-You? says:

Go MUMMY! But seriously? The b-word? I think if you want your kids to respect you, don’t go calling people that. Really. After all, you’re supposed to be the more mature one. Or maybe that’s not what parents are anymore, sorry, my bad.

Maya says:

I’m not a one direction fan but it was not right of the mom to do that.

Shalon Boley says:

hi I enjoy your site. I’m a typical one direction fan and I found a drawing thing where you can actually hang out with them in up close!!

knnk says:

She was so mean.

Eddie says:

I’m a teenager, and I believe that the mother is right about auctioning the tickets so the daughter can learn her lesson. But bitching about her daughter’s wrongdoings on the internet? That’s going way too far.

Jane says:

This mother was being pretty fair by auctioning off the tickets, but going on and on about it was immature. She didn’t need to bring up private issues or be mean about the “accidents” that created the girls FRIENDS. This mother needs to look back and think about where her daughter learned to be “lippy”. If my mother did that to me i would probably cry. And if you think that this was fair, imagine yourself not in the mother’s position, but the daughter’s. I would be ashamed of myself, but I would also feel disrespected by having my mother talk trash about her own daughter on the INTERNET. think about it.

Dara says:

Sure, the mother has a point that kids need to learn respect and obedience towards their parents, but it’s hard to learn maturity from a woman who is humiliating and exposing her daughter. If I were in her shoes, I would have just kept my cool and handled it as if I actually were the parent, rather than lash out and make the girl feel bad about herself. If I had a mother like that, the last thing I’d wanna do is obey her. She sounds like an idiot. Poor girl…

Jackie says:

I think this mom was justified. Teenagers need to learn respect and not bring any babies home for their moms to raise. I agree that is the path this girl and her friends are on! Way to go mom!

Emelia says:

Okay so here’s how it is for me. The mom did do the right thing buy Auctioning them, but to humiliate her daughter like that? That’s not being a parent thats more like impersonating your daughter. I have a strict parent and wouldn’t even try to lie about my whereabouts, if I attempted an act like that, my house would turn into a military school. (That is how strict my parents are) In a way thats kinda like cyberbullying YOUR OWN CHILD.

Madison says:

I think selling the tickets and ranting about on the internet is a great thing!! Kids these days don’t know how I respect others and this girls certainly deserves it. The mother was right about selling the tickets and ranting about it. The girl will probably learn how to respect her mother.

Bettina says:

Well to me it all depends on how the child was acting. If the daughter had done worse than what the mother was describing than i actually think that the girl deserved it. Nobody likes a spoilt child and they deserve to be punished.But if what the mother listed were the only things the daughter had done, than i think that making this public was an act of being a very bad mother and cyberbullying their child all together.

Lauren Miles says:

Well, I’m a teenager andin my opinion I think it was okay to take the tickets away but to make their whole situation public like that was bad parenting. It just makes the person at fault angrier and that can lead to a bigger mess. She should have sat down and talked to her child instead of ranting about hefor the public to see. You need to forgive and move on otherwise you will never have a gooc relationship with your kid, where they feel they can talk to you and have a voice. It’s hard to be a teenager. We make mistakes but we learn from them by talking to our parents not by seeing your problems thrown out to the public like they’re not a big deal.

Sydney says:

I definitely think that selling the ticket was the right thing to do. She deserved it if she was sneaking around. But to go out and publicly shame her and degrade her friends was a step too far. The punishment for auctioning off the tickets, yes very much so. But she was just as “lippy” as her daughter by being so rude in the post.

Roaa says:

that girl deserved it.

Madalyn says:

I totally agree with her mother’s decision to sell the tickets, because what she did was totally wrong. Yes, I’m a teenager and I’m not perfect, but I wouldn’t lie to my mom about my whereabouts. Now posting everything online may have gone a little too far, but that’s a good and efficient way for a parent to punish their child.

Marco says:

Her and her friends deserved to have that privilege taken away, but swearing and ranting like that takes the whole meaning out of the lesson. She’s just showing her kid how immature she can be as well. It would have been more effective to sell the tickets and say that they were selling them because her daughter and friends disobeyed them and needed to be punished. The unneeded use of caps and the fact this was basically used to rant and out her daughter to the whole world just made a beautiful lesson into an immature fight. If you want to prove you’re parents and superior, you have to act like adults, not like your teenage daughter… Other than that, I hope those kids learn their lesson and don’t try to retaliate.

Helena says:

lucky my mom doesn’t know how the internet works ;P

Sammy says:

Woah! Smart thinking! The girl deserves it!

Emma Saxby says:

Honestly, I agree with her methods, but I think selling the tickets was a step too far, if I was the mom, I’d take the tickets and see them with my friends.

claire says:

I completely agree with these parents…if I was an adult and my daughter did that to me I would do the same. Maybe ranting about it so much was kind of immature of the mom but in total the girl got what she deserved.

oc says:

I am not gonna lie, it’s kind of fair

Emma says:

My parents would never say the things her mum said! and to publish that so lots people can see be must be pretty embarrassing for her but then again if she would have been honest then her parents her parents wouldn’t have to act that way… don’t lie kids

Patrice says:

Omfg. That was vicious! Oh gosh I swear on the life of my pet fish, if my mother EVER tried my life like that she would regret it till the day of her passing. That woman is out of her dang mind. I can’t believe it! That’s insane. My mother might be crazy but she knows not to out me. As my parents would say, I am a representation of them.