Let’s Talk About the ‘Glee’ Tribute to Cory Monteith, “The Quarterback”

by: on | in Glee Gossip | 8 Comments

Tumblr (@teendotcom)

Tumblr (@teendotcom)

Glee, you’ve done well by us Gleeks. The farewell to the FOX dramedy’s beloved character, Finn Hudson, had to be done eventually, and the show’s creators did a beautiful job, choosing to not reflect on his cause of death — because, in the words of his step-brother, Kurt, “Does it matter?” — but on the fond memories of his life.

Adding to that, we thank Ryan Murphy for allowing the originals to do most of the speaking on Cory Monteith‘s alter ego. After all, Marley, Jake and the rest of the new crew did not share the same relationship with the former captain of New Directions as Puck, Santana (et al) and, of course, Rachel, did.

For this week’s show, we’re not going to rank the performances because they were all dedicated to the loss of a great part in all of their lives, so that would be wrong. Instead, we’d rather let you (re)watch all of the covers below, then feel free to leave your memories of Cory/Finn in the comments. #RememberingCory

“Seasons of Love”

“I’ll Stand By You”

“Fire and Rain”

“If I Die Young”

“No Surrender”

“Make You Feel My Love”

For more from last night’s Glee, check out all the stills from “The Quarterback” in our gallery:

Glee, Season 5 Farewell to Finn: The Quarterback

Glee, Season 5 Farewell to Finn: The Quarterback

Photo: FOX

Glee, Season 5 Farewell to Finn: The Quarterback

Photo: FOX

Glee, Season 5 Farewell to Finn: The Quarterback

Photo: FOX

How Will You Be #RememberingCory?

Tagged: ,

Previous Post Glee, Farewell to Finn Episode Promo
How Will You Be #RememberingCory?
Next Post Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries Cast Crossover Pictures
All the ‘Pretty Little Liars’/'The Vampire Diaries’ Cast Crossovers

Comments

8 Responses to "Let’s Talk About the ‘Glee’ Tribute to Cory Monteith, “The Quarterback”"

omgmariauniverse says:

well you should its amazing.

Kim says:

That episode killed me. I cried all night last night. and ahhh the end oh my god that episode was so good and so sad!!

Jessica says:

I loved Amber’s cover of “I’ll Stand By You” and especially Lea’s cover of “Make You Feel My Love”. I cried during the first fifteen seconds of “Seasons of Love”.

Gleek4Ever says:

I can’t believe he’s really dead. It’s like one second I’m fangirling over him and Lea Michele and the next second my mom tells me my favorite character and actor is DEAD!!! This was so beautiful, it was a perfect tribute to him. I cried the whole time

omgmariauniverse says:

i did to. i cant belive that. my sister tells me to move on, but im like “sweetheart. as you can i cantt move on he was my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Sammy says:

I cried through the whole thing!

Megan says:

Quite honestly I was disappointed with it… So were everyone I talked to.. They could have done so much more with it and it could have been amazing! I would have done the whole beginning differently. I feel like it was very ominous in the beginning and they never said exactly why he died.. Idk I’m just disappointed with glee

Karerencia says:

i’m watching it, and i’m crying AND I DON’T EVEN FOLLOW THIS SHOW.