Production of The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes to Resume in 2014

by: on | in Entertainment News | 37 Comments

Screen Gems

Screen Gems

Everybody, let’s join hands and let out a big sigh of relief — production for the sequel to The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is scheduled to restart!

Fans of the franchise were heartbroken to learn that there was an indefinite delay on City of Ashes because of the hit the studio took at the box office with the first film. (The movie had a $60 million budget, with Sony putting up an estimated $60 million more for promotions; the flick only garnered $31 million domestically.) Fortunately, The Hollywood Reporter brings us some positive news: Constantin’s Head of Film Martin Moszkowicz says, “The fan response, from the blogosphere and the thousands of mails we have received, has encouraged us to keep going. It’s been overwhelmingly positive, in contrast to some other YA titles.”

He continues, “We are analyzing what we did wrong with the first film — particularly with the positioning and marketing — and what changes we have to make. We are working with a great group of people to reposition the franchise [for City of Ashes].”

Filming is tapped to resume sometime in 2014. Are you freaking out? What’d you think of the first flick? (Here’s our review.) Let us know your thoughts in the opinions below!

EXCLUSIVE: The Mortal Instruments cast talks runes, glitter and the sequel!

How to Dress Like a Shadowhunter for Halloween

Tagged:

Previous Post Celebrities in Horror Movies: Kristen Stewart, The Messengers
13 Celebrities You Forgot Starred in Scary Movies
Next Post Catching Fire Movie Fan Camp Weekend, Los Angeles Premiere
Find Out How to Could Attend Catching Fire Fan Camp Weekend

Comments

37 Responses to "Production of The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes to Resume in 2014"

kristel says:

i havent yet read the book but i just watched the MI just today. and im going to watch it again and again coz i like it. i regret that i havent watch it on big screen. haha.i appreciate jamie campbell for the first time. he looks like a real man. im here becoz im looking forward to the final date of releasing the city of ashes.

Meghan says:

I can’t wait! I loved the books so much! I’m sure City of Ashes is going to be fantastic!

alexis says:

While I found the movie enjoyable, there were too many ways it was different from the book. They will have a hard time fixing and going with those changes in city of ashes. The marketing was off also. I know mostly adults that read the books. I hope they don’t try to filter out some of the magnus and alec scenes and I hope the scene with simon is as gorry as it should be. If there is anything production companies need to learn is that the fastest way to make a bomb is to change too much of it from the book. Look at how similar divergent and the hunger games are to the book.

Frances says:

I have read all the the mortal instrument books and seen the movie I cant wait for city of ashes to be released

Matilde says:

IM SOOO EXITEEEEEEEEED

azul says:

me encantan los libros la película también me encanto ya quiero que salga me muero de verla tmi es genial

chrysa says:

tmi is the best book series ! city of bones movie was just outstanding ! i love everything , especially jace ( jamie campbell bower )! this is my favourite movie ! i look forward the second movie but i am so tired of waiting !