All the Celebs Lorde Has Dissed (So Far)

by: on | in Celebrities | 58 Comments

Kanye to the...

Kanye to the…

All possibilities of respect for Lorde are dwindling at a fast pace. At the age of 17, she’s sparked more haterade against her fellow musicians than a majority of her older successful predecessors. (Guess ‘making friends’ isn’t exactly on her industry bucket list.)

Despite her declaration that her feelings are “backed up,” the constant negativity is not okay (in our opinion. Join the debate!). To see all the celebrities she’s dissed since the release of “Royals,” click through the gallery below:

Taylor Swift

To Metro magazine: "Taylor Swift is so flawless, and so unattainable, and I don't think it's breeding anything good in young girls. 'I'm never going to be like Taylor Swift. Why can't I be as pretty as Lorde?' That's f***ing bull****."

Since then, however, Lorde has publicly apologized (sorta), and even took in NYC with the "22" singer.

Photo: WENN

Justin Bieber

To MTV News: "I really appreciate that people think that I'm doing something good for the 'kids.' The 'young people.' I feel like the influences that are there in the industry for people my age, like Justin Bieber or whatever, are just maybe not a very real depiction of what it's like to be a young person."

Photo: WENN

Selena Gomez

"I love pop music on a sonic level. But I'm a feminist and the theme of [Selena's] song [Come & Get It] is, 'When you're ready, come and get it from me.' I’m sick of women being portrayed this way."

Thankfully, Selena called Lorde out in a very public forum.

Photo: WENN

One Direction

"One Direction are pretty overrated and their music isn't really good. I find it odd they're famous."

Photo: WENN

Disney Channel Stars (Like Miley Cyrus)

To GQ: "The difference between those [Disney] kids and me is that I grew up completely normally and went to parties and had that experience. I am way less inclined to be like, 'Look! I'm f***ing mental!'"

Photo: WENN

David Guetta

When asked if she'd collab with the EDM star: "No. F*** no. He's so gross."

David's reaction: "I didn't ask her. I think my record company did, and, I mean, I don't really have any comment."

Photo: WENN

Lana Del Rey

To The Fader: "I listened to that Lana Del Rey record and the whole time I was just thinking it's so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: 'I'm nothing without you.' This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, 'don't leave me' stuff. That's not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear."

Photo: WENN

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

To MTV News on Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' setlist: "Do you know when Macklemore plays, they open and close with "Thrift Shop?" That's bad."

Photo: WENN

Nicki Minaj

To Interview magazine: "Around the middle of last year, I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me -- or anyone that I knew. I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant.'"

Photo: WENN

Drake

See Nicki Minaj.

Photo: WENN

10 Songs You Probably Haven’t Heard, But Need to DL

Tagged:

Previous Post Miley Cyrus American Music Awards 2013, Wrecking Ball
The 10 Best Reactions to Miley Cyrus’ WTF AMA Performance
Next Post celebs-who-love-cats-alh-112513
7 Celebrities Who Are Basically Crazy Cat Ladies (& Gents!)

Comments

58 Responses to "All the Celebs Lorde Has Dissed (So Far)"

skuteczne odchudzanie porady says:

Jak efektywnie schudnąć ? Polecam interesujący ranking preparatów wspomagających odchudzanie. Pomóż sobie w odchudzaniu, schudnij o wiele skuteczniej! Wpisz w google – skuteczne odchudzanie by ticangelina
    skuteczne odchudzanie porady http://ticangelina.blogspot.com

Thetonyd7 says:

I completely agree with Lorde, she’s right, honest and frankly, Righteous. People, especially in Hollywood, can’t live with the truth, because what they are is essentially a lie. Talent is like, Jackie Evancho and that other older woman from….where, the UK?..and little Chinese kids that play the piano, and geniuses that invent things. Drake??? One Direction??? What are you, STUPID??!!!

JustMe says:

Daam!
    How can u people be so thirst of success in this website or magazines and any kind of public things that just like to make money by throwing expeculations about a few words!
    You hold on to a cuple words in some random – out of context – phrase that she said an then, like you know nothing about her, pretending she is a evil monster, you turn her words negative and dark.

ABOUT LORDE: I think shes just trying to critecize, and guess what?! Critics are not ment to be taken the wrong way! They are ment to HELP IMPROVE! even helping the world realizing that we are, for example, listening to unhealthy songs! very often the lyrics are amazingly full of NOTHING(sex/drugs/parties/etc). Or in other cases, they push u down!
    I LOVE LANA DEL REY, but admit people, LORDE IS RIGHT, it would be perfect if the lyrics worent so sad and depressive!

It almost makes me sad to see this kind of desperation coming from paparazi and stuff. just making big-ass-monney and selling wrong/hurtfull/missleading information that inocent people will buy.

My thoughts are here and i think this is the truth that disgusts me about media. (P.S. sorry about the bad english,its not my native language)

Aurora says:

She thinks that some of the music is “irrelevant” because she hasn’t experienced anything like that yet. I’m not dissing her age, but obviously she doesn’t have a lot of life experience or knowledge at this point in her life to be able to understand some of Lana Del Rey lyrics. Lana talks about broken hearts, love, sex, her philosophies on life, etc. I think to understand songs of similar theme, you’ve had to have built some life experience. Yes, some of the artists have unhealthy lyrics or are portrayed sexually (which may be unfair to average looking women who are held to unrealistic standards), but for her to denote that as a negative aspect shows that she is totally missing the point on what music is really about. Music isn’t always about saying the right or appropriate thing, and music isn’t always supposed to target little kids. It’s really just expression of human experiences, and obviously life is not always fair or PG.

Linda says:

Most of these are made up, the 1D is definetely fake because she went to a 1D concert and is friends with Harry, the only ones with sources is the Selena and Taylor one (which she apologised for) and the david guetta. The david guetta one did seem a bit rude but you have to remember it was in a private conversation with her manager however she had a reporter following her around months doing an exclusive interview on her and he was there when the conversation was held, its not like she chose to say it publicly. She actually clarified that she wasn’t talking about him appearance wise “Like eww hes so gross looking!” but shes a feminist and doesn’t like the way he portrays women and if you know the history of Guetta and he makes songs like “Sexy B****” which are just disgusting so yeah I see where shes coming from but its probably her only slip up.

Reds says:

She sounds like she has a brain in her head, unlike almost everyone she was critical of.

The truth really does hurt.

Sara says:

I love one direction and if I meet them, it’s not me who locked them up in the basement and took their clothes off. Why thank you.

Joeleen says:

As terrible as it may be for some people to admit, ALL of what Lorde says about these celebrities are true and I completely agree. I mean, it kinda shows you that she’s actually real, yanno?… She’s not trying to please everyone.

Dizzie says:

I know! I expected to read hate filled comments but she was just expressing her honest opinion. Oh, she can’t have an opinion? She has to be FAKE and pretend to like people when she doesn’t? I didn’t really know Lorde or anything about her till now but let me tell you…I think she has some balls to be so REAL in such a FAKE place. Guess people don’t like genuine opinions or blunt answers. They want everything processed and sugar coated. Whatever. I like you Lorde! Stay real.

Tony says:

She still has no right trashing others. She needs to learn respect. She’s not a nice person. No wonder she has no friends.

Betsy says:

People can say what they want, but either way she hasn’t said most of this crap, yea she’s honest about her opinion but she has said maybe two or three of the things on this article, everything else….it’s like where do they get this stuff??

10. […] View the Original article […]

Samantha says:

Lorde didn’t say half these things about these people, and the things she did say were not intended in a rude way, she went to the Taylor Swift concert and got a hug from her, people just like to make things up and put them in a bad way..

Catherine says:

The One Direction quote is fake. She attended their NZ concert and tweeted excitedly there.

And I take it you missed Lorde proclaiming Nicki Minaj to be an important female in pop?

A says:

Every comment didn’t that bad to me, until I got to the 1D and David Guetta comments. I’m not a fan of either, but that was just flat out rude.

MARIA says:

This is all bull shit she didn’t say anything about one direction get your facts right she didn’t say nothing about justin or all those other artist she only talked about Taylor and Selena !!! This is the dumbest article I have ever read and I half of the people you guys said she dissed I’m fans of and she went to a one direction concert why would she diss them !? And this is coming from a directioner !

Millie says:

yeah, I saw that and everyone was making fun of Harry for blushing when they asked him about Lorde and he said “we’re just really good friends” Clearly he would not be friends with someone who dissed his band so its fake..

Funny how says:

she went to a One Direction concert and meet them backstage and is actually friends with Harry Styles, and yes there is news articles to prove it, I’ve ever seen the interview where he calls her “lovely” but I am yet to see proof or the actual video/ audio of her saying 1D are overrated….. lets be serious a girl admitted to starting the rumour on twitter, this is such bad journalism, I wouldn’t be surprised if half the quotes/ stories on here are false or been twisted, it seems like you want people to dislike her.

Zoë says:

My god she gots some attitude like I get
    Justin, Miley ( cause everyone is dissing on her ) and Taylor but everyone else shut up lorde you just became famous and now everyone is starting to hate u because your attitude

sophie says:

Leave her alone shes allowed to have her own opinion. She’s not ‘hating on them’ shes merely stating her opinion and what she feels. She’s right these girls sing about needing a man and to be pretty to be happy and all other materialistic shit. Everything she says is taken out of context she just answers honestly and thats something to look up to not down on. I hope she never ‘shuts up’ because pop culture needs a wakeup call and lorde seems like the perfect person to do it.

Bernie says:

Well it’s one thing to have her own opinion about those things and it’s the other when you call a person such as David Guetta “So gross!”

Nya says:

I was on her side until I read the 1D comment…

directioner says:

someone needs to tell lorde to shut up cuz guess what shes not perfect so she shouldnt be dissing every other celeb she knows

grace says:

Well i thought the selena gomez one was quite harsh but true