Dylan Sprouse Calls Out Joe Jonas on His “Bull*****” in New York Mag Interview

by: on | in Celebrities | 18 Comments

Instagram (@joejonas)/(@thomasbombadil)

Instagram (@joejonas)/(@thomasbombadil)

Wow, major fighting words on behalf of one of the Sprouse twins. While most fans and publications have praised Joe Jonas for his open and honest interview in New York magazine on sex, drugs and Disney Channel, the former star of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody is publicly calling out the middle JoBro on his BS. (His words, not ours.)

When questioned about his thoughts on Joe’s essay, Dylan Sprouse took to Tumblr to say the following in reference to Joe’s comments that Disney Channel “gentrified” the brothers:

“First, I think it’s bulls*** that they were being robbed of choice or creativity. If they wanted to, they could have told Disney “NO.” Cole and I did this hundreds of times and we ended up all right. The only reason they didn’t is because, like many of the people on that channel, I think they fell for the allure of fame. Granted, Cole and I had been acting our entire lives, so we saw it as a means to an end (money-making) rather than an opportunity to become successful.”

He continues, “Nowadays, artists just assume they have to do what they are told by their proprietors because there is a “rigid structure to achievement.” It is nothing more than a scheme to rob you of your individuality and capitalize the gain they acquire from such treachery. If you believe this, not only are you incredibly foolish, but you are a BAD ARTIST. Individuality is modernity’s most interesting trait regarding artwork and so so many talented individuals realize this. You do not have to become something else to be successful. Not only is it not too late for them to redefine themselves now, it was never too late. ”

To conclude his argument, he states, “What that article felt like was: “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, still shame on you.” My personal creed? “Fool me once, you’ll forever regret that decision.”"

What do you think of Dylan’s response? Are you on his side, or do you appreciate Joe’s assessment of Disney Channel? Tell us in the comments below!

See how Demi Lovato reacted to Joe Jonas’ essay here:

10 Ways the World Would Be Different Without Disney

Tagged: , ,

Previous Post Selena Gomez Justin Bieber Instagram Selfie Caption Diss
All the Times Selena Gomez Not-So-Subtly Dissed Justin Bieber
Next Post Taylor Swift Feuds, Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
The Ultimate Guide to Taylor Swift’s Biggest Celebrity (or Other) Feuds

Comments

18 Responses to "Dylan Sprouse Calls Out Joe Jonas on His “Bull*****” in New York Mag Interview"

Jasmine Sakaith says:

I guess this is late but I agree with Dylan.

Jasmine Sakaith says:

I think this is late but I agree with Dylan.

Giana says:

I’m sorry, but Dylan’s response didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. He says he looked at acting as a means to make money, but in the same sentence, says he wasn’t trying to be successful. Isn’t money making part of success? Perhaps he meant he wasn’t trying to get famous…not sure, his word choice is just a little ineffective throughout his little letter. Also, as he says, he and his brother were acting since they were really young and so they (and their parents) were likely pretty savvy to the business of the entertainment world. Joe Jonas is saying that he and his family weren’t. They didn’t know what they were doing, and thought that in order to keep their contract, they had to do what they’re told. I don’t agree with everything Joe Jonas said…some things he probably could have just kept to himself. But Dylan seems to be making broad generalizations based off of his own experience rather than trying to decipher what Joe is saying.

Kalee says:

I agree with Dylan. I’m calling B.S. on Joe. Dylan has evidence and all the right words to support his argument. I’m siding with Dylan.

karen purchase says:

people should leave Joe jonas alone.. he already said he tounching nomore weed. he a great actor and he will always be by favorite Jonas. singer/ Musician. so dylan need to shut up and leave joe alone.

karen purchase says:

jordan jones says:

I myself miss Jonas on Disney channel altogether. they were BETTER when they were on Disney ch! why sooooo much hate amongst Jonas & Disney??? If it wasn’t for Disney, Jonas would NOT be here today!!!

as for joe jonas’ interview with the magazine, I am SHOCKED by it. he is NOT being totally trueful. He first lied about NOT doing drugs. when asked in an interview about doing drugs, joe Jonas said , flat out, ‘never touch the stuff!’ now he’s saying he DID.

there is NO love anymore. NOBODY loves (or can say anything nice) about anything anymore. It’s ALL negative feed back. Were there ANY good things to say about JONAS BROTHERS???? after all, they WERE the top selling band of all time!! even MORE than ‘NYSNC!

they broke all the records! as for nick & kevin Jonas I really DONNOT care for the reality show MARRIED TO JONAS. there’s no story, no plot , it’s NOT interesting & all it ever is a is a big let down.

as for nick I love you nick but you need to grow your hair back!!! I am NOT impressed by people who shave their heads. Nick always had gorgeous hair!!!! so I am NOT impressed. JONAS , you guys shouldn’t've had changed sooooo much. still love you!
    love, Jordan Elizabeth jones
    Chicago, illinoios

Dani says:

I’m a Jonas fan so it’s the normal thing for me to stand up for my boy. But I’m a Democrat. I honestly love both Joe and Dylan so much and I wouldn’t trash Dylan just because I don’t agree with him. About the interview, Joe didn’t reveal anything about Miley and Demi that we didn’t already know + Demi is okay with it and I bet Miley is too. Talking about Dylan’s respond, I have so much respect for him but he can’t really talk like that because the sprouse brothers Disney experience is totally different from The Jonas Brothers. So he can’t really judge him for not being the same. I’m pretty sure that I know The Jonas Brothers a lot more than Dylan does. But he said his opinion and that’s fine but I have to stand up for Joe because he said nothing wrong in the interview and he is so brave. No hate on Dylan. Hope everyone would understand my point of you.

Gwen says:

I’ve always admired the sprouses for being true and honest and never giving into the peer pressure of fame. I’m very proud of Dylan for always telling the truth.

Christina says:

I absolutely agree with Dylan! I felt like the only reason that Joe did the interview was to get attention, because he’s not a part of Disney or the Jonas Brothers anymore. He has no longer a job anymore. I felt like he came across as very ungrateful, especially towards his fans. He just complained about how his fans were crazy 13 year old girls.

Honesty says:

Dylan Sprouse is correct. Honestly I love the Joe Jonas, but the way he worded everything just makes him sound ungrateful. The Jonas brothers are a great band and group of actors, but if Joe had a concern or didn’t like something, he should have spoke up. It is not Disney’s career, it’s his. I applaud Dylan for being so truthful and open about the way he feels.

Tiika says:

This is why I admire Dylan; because he and his brother kept his feet on the ground and knew how to make the right decisions (and look I’m not saying they are perfect, because nobody is). They kept it real, went to college, and live their life without masks to show to society. Believing that you must change to fit into a society, to be successful, that’s-quoting Dylan-”bullshit”. If you allow that, then you have no criteria or personality, you’re a puppet.

Sammy says:

OUCH!

Anguhluh says:

He is absolutely right.

me says:

He’s telling the truth alot of artists get molded by the industry or stereotyped to be something they are not then they have to work hard to break that mold like Miley Cyrus is now doing and the public hates it because they were never true to themselves to begin with.Dylan and Cole had gotten into a tiff with Disney many times when they wanted something done and stood by those choices.Good for them for standing their ground and being themselves because they choose to do something with their profession instead of just being famous and being a pair of puppets like the Jonas brothers.

A says:

Dylan is brill. Honestly, I love him so much. He was definitely right in his argument.