Unpopular Opinion: Glee Has Passed Its Prime & Should Be Canceled Already

by: on | in Glee Gossip | 14 Comments

Tumblr (bluhgifs)

Tumblr (bluhgifs)

I have been a Gleek since the very beginning. From the moment the first members of New Directions sang “Don’t Stop Believin’” at the end of the pilot episode, I knew I’d be hooked on the gang of misfits for a long time. Which is why it pains me a little to say — please don’t hate me — I believe Glee has passed its prime, and should be canceled. ASAP.

In my opinion, the first season was the best, followed closely by Season 2. The song choices, the choreographed performances (“Me Against the Music” and “I’m a Slave 4 U,” OMG), the cast… everything was at its peak. Especially after my love, Darren Criss, was introduced. Since then, however, there’s been an influx of embarrassments: “Call Me Maybe,” no thank you. “Friday,” ugh. “Gangnam Style,” PLEASE STOP!

Tack on the record-low the series hit this year with “The End of Twerk,” plus the most recent disaster, “Puppet Master,” and it’s just, like… what more can you even say at this point? It seems like Glee has become an inside joke between the creators, like Ryan Murphy, and the cast members that we’re not being let in on.

I truly believe that Cory Monteith, may he rest in peace, would’ve been proud of the tribute to his character, Finn Hudson, “The Quarterback.” It was everything I would’ve expected from the classic Glee that I fell in love with in the first place; I was legit surrounded by tear-infused tissues by the episode’s end. With that being said, that was the only show out of the past, like, 50(?) that I actually respected, and will watch again.

Even though the dramedy’s planning what sounds like a great 100th episode, the fire is still gone for me. And there’s an entire sixth season to go after all of this nonsense! Glee, there will always be a place for you in my heart, but it’s time to move on. At least for me. Whether or not you’re feeling me in the latest Unpopular Opinion, weigh in via the comments below!

Check out the 2013 Glee highlight reel!

10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Cast of Glee

Tagged: ,

Previous Post glee-cast-jc-112513
10 Shocking Things You Didn’t Know About Glee‘s Cast!
Next Post feeny1
10 Crucial Lessons From Mr. Feeny That Will Help You Crush Finals

Comments

14 Responses to "Unpopular Opinion: Glee Has Passed Its Prime & Should Be Canceled Already"

emmaa says:

it should have ended at season 3 tbh

leslie says:

agreed. i hate it now, i was a gleek at the beginning but with these new lookalike members it went downhill fast, i mean that guy unique or whatever i hate him, and all the cheap copies. like the new rachel, and quinn, and puck. i dont like it at all. especially the twerk episode. cancel it quick.

Jenny says:

I completely agree. The first two seasons were really good, but then it all went downhill.
    Glee never should have gotten picked up for a fourth season or a fifth one.

Jen says:

I LOVE Glee and I think it’s still a great show. Glee never went down hill dumbbutts!

lovisa says:

I toatally agree with you. I love glee to and I have watched the first three seasons a million times but since season four I dont like it as much

zoe says:

I totally agree. glee was my favourite show buy after the last 2 episodes…arghh..why? I understand that after 4 seasons the plot ifeas wont be that good but i think that something should be done…

DK says:

Oh, for crying out loud. The cast and crew have been through hell these past few months and the show has been the one thing holding them together. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, and don’t write articles outlining while over 100 people “should” lose their job.

Rebecca says:

I agree with the puppet thing( total disaster) but you have to cut the producers and cast some slack, because they are still batteling a tragedy. I believe that maybe in future after everyone has recovered and adjusted it will pick up again,

RIP Cory I Love You

Kim says:

I don’t want it to ever end :(

Becca says:

Its ending after its 6th season so just let it be plus where else where we get our glee type music fix if you think its done then just dont watch it there sure is thousands of other things you could watch

Linda says:

I’ve been a Glee fan from the start and even own the first 3 seasons. But yes, it’s a shame for me to say this but I strongly do believe that Glee should end already. The story lines are so boring now that I stopped watching after season 3. The original cast will forever be the best and no new members will ever replace them. Glee has finally reached its peak so it’s time for it to end. No need for season 6. #SorryThatI’mNotSorry

Sammy says:

No it should not be cancelled already!!

Lisa says:

It’s sorta true. Mostly the part about the music- they have started to choose songs that are known for being bad! And that puppet thing? Sigh. I do miss the old glee. The 2 first seasons were awesome, and then it went downhill.