We were first introduced to the lovely Lily Collins in 2009′s The Blind Side. She gave a breakout performance in the film and soon everyone knew her name. She began landing more movie roles, dating famous Hollywood hotties, and rocking every red carpet. Seriously, this girl is living the life and we are so jealous!
Now that Lily’s famous around the world, people think they know everything about her, but how much do we really know about her? Yes, she’s rumored to be dating Zac Efron, but what else do we actually know about Lily? Not much! So, we wanted to dig up some facts on this fashionista and see what interesting info we could find. We came up with 10 tidbits about Lily that we think you will be shocked by! Take a look at the gallery below to learn more about Lily, then tell us, which fact surprised you the most? Let us know in the comments below!
1. She was a journalism student.
Before hitting in big in movies, Lily was in college! She attended the University of Southern California where she studied broadcast journalism.
2. She was on an episode of MTV's The Hills
Lily was on the episode where Lauren and Whitney go to Paris! Lilly can be seen at the Crillon Ball. (Netflix it!)
3. She's a singer, like her dad!Though her dad, Phil Collins, may be the best known singer in her family, Lily has some great vocals too! You can hear her sing "I Believe in Love" on the Mirror, Mirror soundtrack.
4. There's a song dedicated to Lily!Speaking of her dad, he dedicated a song to Lily! The song "You'll be in my Heart" was dedicated by Phil to his daugher.
5. She's involved in politics!
Back in 2008, Lily was a correspondent for Nickelodeon. She covered the Nickelodeon’s Kids Pick the President for the network!
6. She's a the face of a big cosmetics company!
This year, Lily was named as the face of Lancome cosmetics! She replaced Emma Watson who was the face of the brand since 2009.
7. She's a big Jane Austen fan.
Lily has said that she loves reading Jane Austen novels. One of her favorite characters is Elizabeth Bennet from the book Pride and Prejudice.
8. She didn't have to audition for The Mortal Instruments!
After showing interest in the role, Lily was offered the part because everyone involved knew she would be great!
9. Her best friend is her mom.
Lily told Glamour magazine that her mom is the person who keeps her grounded. She's also one of Lily's mentors.
10. She used to hate her signature eyebrows!
When she was growing up, she didn't like her fuller eyebrows but then she learned to embrace them. She told Seventeen magazine, “I’ve realized the quirky things that make you different, are what make you beautiful.”
What were Lily Collins, Julianne Hough, Nina Dobrev, and Selena Gomez doing together?!