Lorde has definitely taken over the music world in the last year. She went from relatively unknown to superstar status in a matter of months. Now Lorde's riding the wave of fame and she's only 17-years-old! She might've been involved in some controversies in the past, but Lorde just keeps it real. She speaks her mind and we kinda love her for it!
Lorde's still new to the scene, so she's learning how to deal with the spotlight. With her sudden rise to fame, it's nice to see that she's still keeping it real. She's not filtering herself, especially on social media. Lorde definitely says what she feels and that results in some very honest tweets. Take a look below at 10 of Lorde's tweets that prove she's the realest person on Twitter.
1. That time tweeted this and was honest about her flaws.
i am reeeeal bad at delegating and always have been; i'm the biggest control freak/micromanager. i must be a nightmare to work with
— Lorde (@lordemusic) July 20, 2013
2. When she tweeted this and we realized she loves Drake just like us.
when i listen to hold on we're going home i do a full lip bite bump n grind groove type thing it's filthy — Lorde (@lordemusic) August 21, 2013
3. You guys, she just speaks so much truth!
tempted to post on my facebook page asking people if they will give me candy crush lives — Lorde (@lordemusic) August 30, 2013
— Lorde (@lordemusic) September 6, 2013
5. When she tweeted this and called out her haters.
wo #1 on US itunes. even if it lasts an hour i feel HAPPY. downside is all these miley fans telling me they're gonna stab my rotting corpse
— Lorde (@lordemusic) September 19, 2013
6. That time she revealed she gets acne just like us. HERO!
c'mon acne don't do this now — Lorde (@lordemusic) September 27, 2013
7. When she showed her fans so much love.
??????watching this video my fans made to wish me happy birthday IT'S THE BEST THING EVER I HAVE THE BEST FANS I AM FLOATING ON LIFE ?????? — Lorde (@lordemusic) November 8, 2013
8. Then she tweeted this and we realized she appreciates all of her success, which made us love her even more.
EIGHT WEEKS at number 1 in the US blows my mind. thank you so much, you lovely people; you have, quite simply, turned my life upside down.
— Lorde (@lordemusic) November 20, 2013
9. That time she tweeted this and it became clear she rules Twitter.
keep your eyes peeled for a facial expression indicating my brain is caving in when i come out of the limo tonight
— Lorde (@lordemusic) November 30, 2013
10. And finally when she proposed a new reality show and we realized we would watch anything she does, even if it involves her acne.
i could probably be involved in a groundbreaking new reality show called Will Ella's Acne Clear Up In Time For Major Events
— Lorde (@lordemusic) January 19, 2014
Lady Gaga thanks Lorde for her support!