It’s time to have that difficult conversation. As sucky as it is to have ‘the talk’ with your significant other, sometimes it’s absolutely necessary. To let you know when it’s time to move on, here are 15 surefire signs you need to dump your boyfriend ASAP. (NOTE: You do not need to check off all of them; oftentimes, one is enough.)
1. You’re sad more than you’re happy. Self-explanatory.
2. You feel like you’re the only one making sacrifices and putting in all the effort. Relationships are a two-way street.
3. You don’t feel totally secure. Whether he’s making you feel inadequate and putting you down or you don’t believe you can be yourself around him, either way is not okay.
4. He’s a deadbeat. No goals? No good.
5. He’s secretive. If he’s constantly going out of his way so you don’t even catch a glimpse of his phone, there may be something wrong there.
6. Your friends and/or family are all against your relationship. One friend saying something to you doesn’t have to mean anything, but when everyone’s telling you he’s bad news, just be sure to hear ‘em out at least.
7. The relationship ran its course. When the spark and passion are nowhere to be seen, and you’re feeling bored more than you’re having fun, it’s not like it’s gonna get any better.
8. You don’t want to introduce him to others because you’re ashamed. And vice versa.
9. He’s not a nice person. Rude to your parents? Doesn’t care about your friends? Ditch the loser — FAST.
10. He can be jealous and a little controlling. Your boyfriend is not your father, so you should NEVER have to check in with him. It’s your life!
11. Likewise, you get jealous. If you can’t trust him, that’s not a good sign either.
12. He cheated. Pack your bags.
13. You cheated. Feeling anything more than friendship toward somebody else? It’s only fair that you let your BF know; don’t drag it out any longer than you need.
14. He’s not good for your health. Situations like in The Amazing Spider-Man can happen, you know. Not to that extreme, but you get it.
15. You’ve been hurt in any way. That means physically, emotionally, mentally, ANYTHING. And if you ever feel pressured, LEAVE.