The Cockiest Lea Michele Quotes You’ll Ever Read

by: on | in Celebrities | 10 Comments

As far as careers go, Lea Michele has a lot working in her favor. She’s a talented actress, a phenomenal singer and a decent enough dancer to get away with it. So we’re not surprised that she’s such a confident person; we would be too if we were in her shoes. HOWEVER, sometimes she manages to seriously toe the line between confident and downright cocky.

In a recent interview with V magazine, the 27-year-old Glee star says of her image, “My friends call me Grandma, but like, Grandma’s killing it right now. I’m pretty sure Grandma nailed it in a half-naked Terry Richardson shoot, okay? So I’m fine with it. I just do my thing. I do what’s best for me. That’s it.” (For some of the sexy pictures she’s referring to, visit our friends at Crushable.com.)

But that’s not the only time she erred on the side of arrogance. Remember the Marie Claire interview about her boobs? “These babies are great. They are my prize-winners. For a while, they were out and about, showing off on Broadway every night, then they came to L.A. and were like, ‘No one else looks like me here!’ They were nervous to make their appearance, but feel they’ve earned their place. So they asked if they could come out, and I was like, ‘All right, you guys.’ They definitely rose to the occasion, so I’m going to continue to give them more opportunities.”

Love her and all — really, we do — but perhaps a bit of humble pie would serve well in these particular instances. Agree? Disagree? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below, and make sure to catch Lea on tonight’s Glee or via her Louder album, on sale March 4.

Watch as Lea Michele performs her “Cannonball” single on The Ellen Show!

Now For Some Heartwarming Lea Michele Quotes

Tagged:

Previous Post Lorde Best Friends: Amandla Stenberg, Kiernan Shipka
10 Celebrities (and Regular People) Lorde Actually Likes
Next Post lupita-instagram-alh-022114
Proof That Lupita NYong’o Completely Wins Instagram

Comments

10 Responses to "The Cockiest Lea Michele Quotes You’ll Ever Read"

Jade says:

The fact that your “cockiest quotes” is compiled of quotes about her actually liking herself says so much about you as an author and you as a reflection of society. If she had gone on about how repulsive she was, she’d be called an attention-hungry brat, being a negative influence on young girls as a show of how people are to focus on their appearance. God forbid a woman like herself and be proud of herself. You’re pathetic.

stopit says:

Omg Lea was joking. Get the hate stick out your butt.

Hannah says:

yeah i agree its very confident…
    But we judge girls differently than guys. If guys said this about their abs, girls would be all over that with positivity. Dang.

Dani says:

This is why girls think it’s good to hate themselves. Because websites/magazines like this post this kind of bs. Girls SHOULD be confident and think they are great. This is such bs.

SARAH HUGHES says:

God, if someone comes across nervous about their attributes then they’re labelled shy, if not people say its arrogance. Leave her alone, shes either being sarcastic or proud and either is not a bad thing. Heck if I had her boobs I’d call them my pride and joy aswell!

Oivia says:

This article is so dumb. You can tell that she is kidding about all this stuff. I can’t believe this website is starting to be just like the tabloids.

hanna says:

What the heck? She’s kidding. Are you not able to comprehend sarcasm?

Sammy says:

She was just joking. She wasn’t trying to be cocky at all.

Melissa says:

Do you not understand sarcasm??? This whole article is so rude and unecessary.

Shannon says:

Lea was obviously joking when she was talking about her boobs. No one would even say something like that in a serious fashion. And she has her head on right, and her saying that she feels good about herself and that she thinks that she looks good isn’t a bad thing. I wish more girls were like her.