Whenever a relationship ends, it’s hard to REALLY cut off all communication with the person — especially these days. Between texting, Twitter, Facebook, etc, it seems like there are tons of ways to communicate even after the relationship has run its course.
And let’s not forget about those relationships that might not always have closure, or when there were a lot of things left unsaid. That usually means the other person will end up contacting you at one point or another — whether you want them to or not. And when they do, these are eight phrases you definitely DON’T want to hear from them.
1. “I miss you.” Of course you do.
2. “How have you been?” How is that any of your business?
3. “I was just thinking of you.” UGH.
4. “Why haven’t you called me?” Because we broke up — that’s why!
5. “Why can’t things just go back to the way they used to be?” Because it’s not that simple!
6. “I still love you, but…” Seriously, just don’t even go there.
7. “Remember that time we…” Could you please not try to reminisce?
8. “So, you dating anyone?” Sorry, but this is not something we should be discussing.
9. “Meet my new boyfriend/girlfriend.” Wait…seriously?
10. “Mind if I date your best friend, you know, since you’re so over me.” Um, actually, I do mind.
11. “I’ve never gotten over you.” Not sure how you want me to respond to that.
12. “Can I ask you advice on my new girlfriend/boyfriend?” This is just…too weird.
Any others we might have missed? Shout ’em out in the comments section!