Harry Styles Fan Fiction After in Talks for Movie Deal

by: on | in Entertainment | 26 Comments

The world as a whole may not be able to collectively determine whether or not Harry Styles is hot — join the debate here — but there are still millions who can’t get enough of him. So much so, that there might actually be a film based on the wildly popular fan fiction inspired by his very being! Ah, can you hear the screams of all Directioners booming through the air?

According to Deadline, After, which is the wildly popular fan fiction we were referring to earlier, conceived on Wattpad by Anna Todd, is currently being shopped around to movie studios. “The fans are dying for the movie,” said Anna. Umm, hello, it’s Harry freaking Styles — of course they’re dying for it. And with more than 500 million clicks on the three-part After series, we’re banking on this being a HUGE success if all goes as planned.

After the news broke, Anna then addressed some concerns regarding After, “Fanfictions are turned into books/movies all the time, so I hope those of you who dislike After or me will just take a step back and look at this as an opportunity for yourself and with all the amazing things happening with Wattpad, you could be the one having a movie next! So try to remember that Wattpad is an amazing and positive community. That being said, I won’t engage in any fights, so please leave your hateful comments on your own page.”

Before you get all excited, we should probably inform you of the biggest catch of all: Harry, as well as the other members of One Direction, will not be named if this becomes a physical flick. We know what you’re thinking, BOO! Instead, it’ll focus on a boy bander with a different moniker as he falls for a fan.

What do you think of the news? Would you like to see After on the big screen? Or is it better off staying on the Internet as simple fan fiction? Tell us all your thoughts in the comments below!

ANOTHER tattoo for Harry Styles. Wait ’til you see what he got this time…

Watch One Direction’s “You and I” Music Video!

Tagged:

Previous Post Book Series Ending in 2014: The Selection (The One)
7 Awesome YA Book Series Coming to An End in 2014
Next Post Underrated YA Books: Fallen by Lauren Kate
13 Underrated YA Book Series You Need to Read ASAP

Comments

26 Responses to "Harry Styles Fan Fiction After in Talks for Movie Deal"

hessa_4ever says:

I personally dont like one direction’s music but i love them. Besides that, i fell in love with After, its so diffrent and i could never guess anything was gonna happen, when i thought i knew what was gonna happen next it was the total opposite of what actually happend. I just dont get why they would have to change “harry” hardin into a band member; he didnt even sing. Like changing their names was enough cant they just keep everything else the same?

Ambur says:

I am total fangirl. I just started reading this fan fiction called “After”, and I think it is amazing (and I am only 30 chapters in out of the 100.) I believe that this would make a great movie, if it was going to be! If so… when can you tell us the release date in theatres? If you make the movie, keep in mind that Harry’s character “Harry” isn’t world famous and the fact that he doesn’t sing please!

Riley says:

I just think that it’s taking the fanfiction a little too far. After is a great success on Wattpad, but I just have a feeling that taking it to the big screen is a mistake. I’ve read all three books (except the very last chapter because she has not posted it yet) so no one can hate on me and say that I haven’t even read the story because I have.

Just my opinion.

Rosemary says:

Im reading the after series it is do good and she is almost done with the third book (her last one I believe ) and I’d totally watch the movie

Nancy says:

I haven’t read the fan fiction, but it sounds like a really good movie. Also, I think it is great that a fan fiction writer has this great opportunity.

Leslie says:

tbh i really don’t think it can be fitted for a movie. It should stay on Wattpad. I think “After” isn’t one of the best fan fiction but there are many more like “UNBROKEN” but that is only my opinion. I didn’t like ‘AFTER” because its relates to very similar movies. And your hearing this from one of the biggest Harry Styles’s fan out there. Just my opinion on this idea.

Ellie says:

I am freakig fangirling rn!!!

Sammy says:

I never read After.

Lily says:

Honestly, I think After is amazing, but the thing that upsets me about it is that it would be focused on a band member that falls for a fan and that doesn’t even come close to what actually happens in the story. I mean I think it would be great, but if it were ever to be made into a movie, it would basically take away the whole fanfiction thing because a) None of the boys would be mentioned in it and b) It’ll mainly be just using Anna’s outlined idea.

Elke says:

Anna probably worked very hard on her book, and I’m not saying that making a movie from a fanfiction is bad. But I think it’s unfair that people are only looking at how many people read her story. Her story isn’t really that well written, and I think other authors on Wattpad, who are really underrated, do not get recognized. This story is popular for it’s link with One Direction and the ‘falling for a fan’ thing, but I think that movie producers should take a look at other authors instead… not fanfictions.

Riley says:

In the story, Harry does not “fall for a fan” because it’s an AU– Alternate Universe. But I agree, movie producers should look at other authors instead.

Tessa says:

I love After, it’s amazing but why r some of u making a big deal if the article clearly states that the names will be changed? And the boys also know that we write fan fiction about them, so why dont you all just take a breather?

Manisha says:

It’s a great book and I’ve been attached to it for almost a year now. I think as long as they change the names and keep the plot it’s sure to be a Blockbuster hit!

Sandra says:

To be honest I didn’t really like After. The chick was too bipolar and the story kinda dragged on for me. But before people get all defensive, I glad that Anna has gotten this opportunity to make After, which was already quite a success, into something really big and successful.

McKenzie says:

Okay so in After there is no One Direction. After is basically real. Harry doesn’t fall for a fan, Harry doesn’t sing, After Harry and real Harry are different by far. So PLEASE don’t let them put a boy band in the After movie.

hessa_4ever says:

Soooo true. If they put “harry” Hardin falling for a fan that would be like a whole diffrent story. That basically changes everything. It wouldn’t make any sense and to be honest i dont understand why their first names cant be used like i totally get there last names unavailable but Harry Styles isnt the only person named harry. Liam payne isnt the only liam in the world etc.

Milan says:

Actually, he won’t be falling for a fan. Because the fan fiction has nothing to do with celebrities and fans. It’s in an alternate universe. He’s a hot, aggressive college boy who falls in love with a shy, quiet nerdy girl.

Ashley says:

I think that’s great for Anna. I have been wanting to write on Wattpad for awhile now, but base it off of my past, and I am terrified of people reading about it, but at the same time it would be amazing to be heard.

Jill says:

please have some idea on what the story is about BEFORE you write about it. in After, Harry isn’t even in a band. One direction doesn’t even exist in the story and they’re aren’t even any “fans”. it’s just a love story that uses Harry’s name. Please research your topics better….

Gynna says:

That’s so awesome! I don’t give a shit if this is about One Direction, it’s awesome because they are opening so many doors with this, there’s a lot of incredibly talented writers that make fanfictions and the fact that the important people are looking at them… I can’t even. This is the birth of a NEW ERA! jk… but yeah

Cay says:

dear god

please don’t become a movie, if it does i will legitimately throw myself into the grand canyon.

Lulu says:

I personally find After to be one of the worst fanfictions I’ve read. The plot is so repetitive and predictable and I could barely get through the first book. I don’t get all the hype about it at all.

Maggie says:

I can’t wait for After! Anna has worked so hard to make this story a success and I really hope it becomes a physical film.