Sure it’s spring right now, but we’re already pumping ourselves up for summer; it’s just infinitely better. Reason #1: Time off from school — hey, everyone needs a break now and then. Reason #2: The fashion is so freaking cute! Reason #3 (of, like, a million, but we’ll stop here): WATER!
The summer’s a time when everyone hits up the ocean or the pool to cool down and make a splash. So, to celebrate the upcoming season and if you’re feeling creative and inspired, we encourage you to check out the #MakeaSplash contest and learn how you can win a chance to experience what it’s like to work in the world of animation! Believe us, you won’t want to miss out on this opportunity. Get into the spirit with ten of the all-time best water scenes from some of your favorite films here:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 — Ron and Hermione’s first kiss was set in water. Squee!
2. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part I — We’re still (R)obsessing over Edward and Bella’s beautiful smooch underneath the waterfall.
3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire — Tick tock, the arena’s a clock. And in one section of it, you experience MAJOR water-logged excitement. The best part, though, was definitely when all of the remaining tributes fought in the middle of the clock as it spins on the water. Amazing.
4. Divergent — Take a guess as to where Tris’ ultimate fear landscape is set…
5. The Descendants — Oh look, another Shailene Woodley film. Only this time, she jumps in the water after learning the worst news ever about her mother. Witness the breaking point for yourself; it’s heartbreaking.
6. The Lion King — Can you feel the love tonight? ’cause we can.
7. Spider-Man — THE BEST MOVIE KISS OF ALL TIME:
8. Step Up 2: The Streets — The dance sequence that trumps all other dance sequences:
9. The Notebook — “Get in the water, woman! Get in the water! No I’m sorry baby, please just get in.” Swoon.
10. The Little Mermaid — ’nuff said.
This post was written in partnership with Aquafina© Flavorsplash©.