Everyone’s well aware that Jay-Z‘s “Glory” was written for his and Beyonce‘s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter. Everyone’s even more aware of all the tracks Taylor Swift has written for pretty much all of her ex-boyfriends (i.e. “Back to December” for Taylor Lautner, “Forever and Always” for Joe Jonas, “Dear John” for John Mayer, etc.). However, there are plenty of tunes you did NOT know were written about other celebrities, too. Here are 10 songs you probably weren’t aware were penned with some of your favorite stars in mind:
1. “You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins for Lily Collins
Yes, the sweet Tarzan track was dedicated to the famed singer’s daughter.
2. “What Goes Around… Comes Around” by Justin Timberlake for Elisha Cuthbert
The single is said to be about the 24 actress’ relationship with former fiance Trace Ayala, who’s one of JT’s best friends. Ouch.
3. “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” by Billy Ray Cyrus for Miley Cyrus
BRC wrote the song when MiCy moved to LA to pursue an acting career with an audition for none other than Hannah Montana.
4. “F**k You” by Lily Allen for George W. Bush
Lily admitted, “It was originally written about this ****ing ***hole who used to be the President of the United States of America. His name is George W. Bush.”
5. “Candle in the Wind” by Elton John for Marilyn Monroe
It was then rewritten for Princess Diana after her tragic accident.
6. “Me and Mr. Jones” by Amy Winehouse for Nas
Nas’ real name: Nasir Jones.
7. “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani for Courtney Love
“HG” was written as a response to Courtney’s statement that Gwen was a “cheerleader” in an interview with Seventeen.
8. “Girl on TV” by LFO for Jennifer Love Hewitt
Back when the actress dated the group’s Rich Cronin, she asked if he could pen her a track. Thus, “Girl on TV” was created.
9. “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel for Christie Brinkley
Though, originally said to be for BJ’s ex, Elle Macpherson.
10. “Flowers For Zoe” by Lenny Kravitz for Zoe Kravitz
Okay, so you may’ve known this one, considering the Divergent star’s name is in the title, but we had to mention it because AWW.