by: on | in Celebrities | 26 Comments

Ariana Grande is fiercely firing back at people who did some hating on her Instagram yesterday, but unlike last time when hate garnered a TwitLonger, this time it actually has nothing to do with her. After posting an Instagram picture over the weekend to celebrate her hero Marilyn Monroe’s birthday, Ari got some hate from those who do not agree with her supporting an artist who was involved with some scandalous things when she was alive.

Although Ariana has made it clear in the past that she’s a huge fan of Marilyn, the hate apparently got too extreme to let go and she posted a TwitLonger¬†calling out the people who were doing so. The tweet with the message has since been deleted, but the TwitLonger page remains in tact. Here’s what the full thing said: .

“So much hate for celebrating Marilyn’s spirit on her birthday. I adore her work and have compassion for her inner sadness that she covered up on a daily basis that a******* like you made her feel in the first place!! judging her for her wildly rumored personal life (which is truly no one else’s business) is only a distraction from her talent, beauty, comedic genius and effervescent spirit…. it always breaks my heart to see people say such terrible things about people they’ve never met / don’t really know the one hundred percent truth about. so today, I choose to celebrate the beautiful parts of marilyn. we should only and always focus on the beautiful things… because what we focus on expands….. which is why I feel for the people who focus on hate…. because that’s all you have to give. and I truly do feel sorry for you because when you’ve been dead for 50 some odd years…… nobody will be wishing you a happy birthday.”

Ari is usually so kind and loving, which is why her use of the word “a-hole” kind of shocks us. Clearly she feels strongly about Marilyn as a person an performer, but we had no idea that she was so protective over the former star. What do you think about her message, Arianators? Are you offended? Tell us in the comments below!

The best moments in Ariana’s “Problem” music video:

Ariana and Jai Brooks Are Offish Back On

Tagged:

Previous Post Brie Larson, Shailene Woodley New York Magazine Cover
10 of the Cutest Pairs of Female Co-Star BFFs You’ll Ever See in Your Life
Next Post nat-wolff
7 Nat Wolff Facts That’ll Make You Crush on Him Hard

Comments

26 Responses to "Ariana Grande Posts, Deletes Angry Tweet to Fans After Receiving Marilyn Monroe Birthday Photo Hate"

zhanna says:

She just needs to go to therapy or something because everything is going on with her. Almost everybody got beef with her. So then when she become unfamous and unemployed she going know something.

zhanna says:

And she wonders why Jannette is mad at her now.

But on the other hand the fan kind of bought it on their self.

... says:

I don’t think Ariana fans have any reason to be mad really, Ariana wasn’t directing her comments at her fans but rather at the people who were disrespecting a dead person on her own birthday. I read the tweet and I agree with everything Ariana said, those people were being assholes. They were basically just being pointlessly negative and it was uncalled for.

Lisa says:

I think we should stop putting her down. She’s talented. When we put others down its only ourselves we hate.

sam says:

Wow is all I have to say! Just like every other human being living on this planet, Ariana has a right to be angry at people who talk crap about her role model. Yes she cussed but that’s what every other person would do. Everyone should express and respect each others opinions. And if that’s what Ariana Grande likes that’s her opinion, I mean its her twitter! Who needs to know about her personal life anyways, it should just be about her acting,and,singing.

SARA says:

OMG

megan says:

ARE YOU ALL DUMB YOU DONT KNOW ARIANA AT ALL YES SHE SWEARS SOMETIMES LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO AND STICKS UP FOR HERSELF AND OTHERS WOW GET OVER IT AND NO WHERE IN THE TWITLONGER DOES IT SAY ITS AIMED AT FANS. AND NO WE’RE NOT OFFENDED BECAUSE SHES STICKING UP FOR MARILYN AND HERSELF ITS JUST A WORD OMG

219lop says:

“in 50 some odd years no one will be wishing you a happy birthday”

that’s really, really mean

how is she going to rant about people being hateful and then say something like that

foreverandlonger says:

Wow she definatly showed her real self. Ariana always was pretty ignorant tho, I never liked her anyway.

EvelinaK says:

she obviously not talking to her fans and also she is not talking about her fans. it’s about the people who hate on every single thing even if it’s someone dead, and i really don’t blame her. people should get a life or make their life better because that hate is the kind of hate we really don’t need in our world. of course there will still be idiots out there but let try and not put ourself in that word.

Viv says:

I’m laughing at the fact that you think this is fierce. I think she made her argument very well and wasn’t being totally shitty about it. Seriously, you guys are making some thing over the fact that she said asshole? Boring. Save this middle school drama for a pathetic little school newsletter and write something actually interesting

Mariah says:

Yes Marilyn was scandalous…but she owned up to it and waa great woman and anyone who judges her or anyone else needs to look in the mirror because no one is perfect. Good for Ari for speaking up.

jo says:

Well considering Marilyn was a well known sex symbol and made her private life somewhat private, i consider some of the judgement to be well placed.

nicole says:

No, she’s fucking awesome, and such a lovely person for standing up for someone she believes in. Someone who she obviously looks up to. So what she said the word asshole who fucking cares they were being assholes so they got called out. I bet most of you have said much worse. So why is everyone hating and making such a fuss. Its honestly so unnecessary.

Laina says:

Please. When you guys feel strongly about something, you’d react the same way. That’s exactly what I would have done, and there’s nothing fake about it. And rude? If fans wouldn’t have been unnecessarily rude about it in the first place, she wouldn’t of had to of been rude back to them. You get what you give.

Angie says:

Wow. She took it too personal.

Chris says:

I honestly don’t think it was rude. Why should she have to be told who to like based on what they did in their lifetime. Sure Marilyn did some things during her life that she shouldn’t have but at the end of the day that’s not what defines her, it’s all the good things she had done. Ariana was just standing up for her role model and there is nothing wrong with that.

Kay says:

Rude. Ari always seemed pretty fake too me anyways.

Jake Morris says:

I really don’t blame her, i am an arianator myself and don’t take any offence what so ever as I know she was directly talking to to the ones who we’re disrespecting poor Marilyn Monroe who can’t speak on behalf of herself. I think ariana was speaking on behalf of Marilyn and tbh I think the fans who are slating Marilyn don’t deserve arianas love and if I was ariana I wouldn’t care if I had lost a few fans as I would rather have careing, respecting fans or no fans at all.

Sam says:

Marilyn Monroe has done amazing work and people should respect her for that and stop hating on Ariana for supporting someone who has influenced her in a positive way.

anyone says:

She wasnt really referring to her fans only, there are so many people commenting on her photos on instagram who are not fans of her and her work.

AVA says:

4EDJFTHE7ILU5542WKULUFGDGTR4Q16UIOP]’[
      [P'O;078I.,
      ]-0OIJKMertgvbnp
      ‘rtolp;’
      :l

Jordan says:

I think she had every right to say what she said and that people who are hating on other need to take a step back and look in the mirror. Marilyn was a good person but did something’s that she probably regretted and now can’t take back. So haters can hate but it’s getting to far!

Kiomi says:

stop making it all about he calling her fans a-holes the issue is broader than that people always judge others from what they hear about them even if it’s not true that’s what the issue is here so talk about that instead

Jordan says:

Well I think the people she talked to aren’t fans because true fans wouldn’t bash her choice like that.