Hands up if you remember Nickelodeon’s
kinda weird show Rocko’s Modern Life. We definitely do — we can practically sing the whole theme song from memory! But one of the biggest reasons why we haven’t been able to get this show out of our heads is the fact that the content wasn’t always suitable for children, which is weird since it was supposed to be a kids’ show after all.
If you’re an avid Rocko’s Modern Life fan, then you may have noticed what we are talking about. But if you’re having trouble remembering what Rocko and Heffer were up to for four seasons, we’re here to let you in on a few dirty secrets from the show:
1. There are a few fan theories floating around that Rocko actually worked for a phone sex line. Yep, you read that right. Notice how “Be Naughty” is in all caps?
2. There was this episode where Rocko felt like wearing his pants on his head. Normal stuff, though, we’re grateful for the guy with the censor bar.
3. Rocko even found himself stuck in an unfortunate situation at the beach. That is one tight spot to find yourself in.
4. Filburt’s song has us all kinds of confused. We aren’t too sure where Filburt is going with this, but he’s supposed to be singing a song about becoming a chimney sweep.
5. Rocko’s doctor visit is going terribly wrong. Umm, is that seriously happening?
6. Dr. Bendova’s office door is now making us laugh. We love a good play on words.
7. Apparently, Rocko filmed some sort of inappropriate movie. Just what kind of film are you referring to, Rocko?
8. Heffer decided to draw a portrait of Filburt’s mom. Poor Filburt.
9. That time Heffer hid Sugar Barfies in his pants and security frisked him. Not the best place to hide snacks, but we guess that was his only option.
10. Rocko’s jock strap made an appearance. Not that we ever wanted to see that.
11. Yep, Heffer is on TV playing with sausage. It was a valid question, Rocko.
12. Heffer’s half-off Christmas tree sale happened. This one seems innocent enough, but where are Heffer’s normal clothes and why is he just wearing a grass skirt?
13. And here’s Heffer showing off his, umm… assets. Shields your eyes, children!
14. Mr. Bighead dropped his soap in the shower, so obviously he has to go fetch it. Too many butts we never wanted to see.
15. We have no words for this one. #ThoseArentBerries
16. Really Really Big Man’s super power is the weirdest thing we’ve ever seen. We weren’t fully prepared for nipples of the future, but there they were.
17. Rocko and Heffer stumble upon this jackhammer ride. Not sure if this is a theme park or…
18. The security guard reading Playslug magazine. We didn’t quite understand it back then, but we totally get it now.
19. Heffer in a hospital bed making questionable gestures under his blanket. We aren’t sure how the writers of this show let that one slide.
20. Doggy-style bowl rides. The dirty jokes are just getting worse and worse!
21. A shelless beach. A take on a nude beach Rocko’s Modern Life-style.
22. A nudist swine club. The nude jokes are endless.
23. A bra-less Mrs. Bighead. It looks like Mrs. Bighead was enjoying some time outside when a bird unsnapped her bra and flew away with it in front of Rocko.
24. The couple who went through the Tunnel of Love alone and came out with a bunch of babies. We aren’t wondering where all those babies came from anymore.
25. Rocko’s dog, Spunky, was in love with a mop. And apparently, Spunky and his girlfriend mop got it on in a closet.