Is there anything better than Saturday morning cartoons on the Disney Channel? No! Everyone’s childhood was defined by the awesome animated series that were on Disney every day. From Kim Possible to Recess, Disney Channel had amazing shows that will always make us laugh.
What’s better than these cartoon classics? Their hilarious foreign translations. There are some totally LOL-worthy translations, especially what Brazil calls Braceface. Scroll through the top 10 translations and get ready for a blast from the past:
1. Kim Possible — Call her, beep her, if you want to reach her! Hungary translated this high school hero series to Kim Possible: Small Teen Hero. KP might have been young, but she wasn’t small. Plus, she was a total bad-ass, proving size and age totally doesn’t matter, duh.
2. The Proud Family — France totally understood what the Prouds were all about. They call this hilarious family-style comedy, Cool Attitude. Do you remember how much singing and snapping and dancing was on this show? They were SO cool.
3. The Replacements — What happens when you want new parents? You just call a foster agency, duh. Well, that’s what this Disney series claims. Hungary tried to be a little more literal calling it Exchange Team. Technically they do exchange their parents, so we’ll let this one slide.
4. Handy Manny — Portugal might have missed the point of this helpful tool-man centered series. They changed the title to Manny Little Hands. Poor Manny, all he does is help everyone and he gets called “little hands.” It’s funny and true, but a little sad for the lead character.
5. Braceface — This show, starring Clueless‘ Alicia Silverstone, might be one of Disney Channel’s most underrated shows ever. Life with braces is tough, and Sharon Spitz (great name) totally got it. Brazil even undertsood her hardships calling it Metallic Smile. No one likes braces… even if it makes your smile metallic.
6. Doc McStuffins — Brazil dubbed this Disney Junior show Doctor Toys. Does this mean that Doc McStuffins doesn’t actually save sick stuffed animals? Is it all just fake doctoring? AH.
7. — How cool was TJ and his gang? They dominated the playground and were the ultimate fifth graders. Sadly, Germany didn’t quiet understand the awesomeness of the series calling it Disney’s Big Break. We’re pretty sure Disney was already a big deal at this point in time. Sorry, Germany.
8. DuckTales — DuckTales was a total classic that followed Scrooge and his adorable nephews as they searched for treasure. Basically it was ah-mazing and really needs to make a come back. France however got a little twisted with their title saying it is The Band at Scrooge. This just isn’t grammatically correct.
9. Darkwing Duck — Ah, another killer duck series from the early ’90s! France calls this superhero hit Mr. Mask, which isn’t exactly what it’s about. Does Darkwing even wear a mask? It’s not like he’s hiding his identity at all.
10. TaleSpin — Remember when Baloo from The Jungle Book had his own TV show? Those were the good ole days! Brazil’s translation of the pilot-based show is super funny. They dubbed it Wing Screw. This could totally be a move pilots do, but we just like it because it makes us giggle.