There is pretty concrete evidence that Nickelodeon goes a little too far with the dirty jokes in their cartoons. Whether they mean to place them there, it’s legitimately an accident, or they’re trying to appeal to the parents who are probably watching these shows with their kids, we are pretty shocked by what we’ve found! SpongeBob SquarePants, Rocko’s Modern Life and even Hey Arnold! made us scratch our heads when we went back and watched a few episodes.
This time, we’re focusing on The Fairly OddParents, which aired it’s first episode on Nickelodeon in 2001! Check out these 14 cringe-worthy moments from the show below:
1. Timmy’s own dad admits that his dreams were shattered when he had children. Ouch, that’s mean!
2. Timmy taking paper towels to his room for some alone time. This one didn’t go over our heads.
3. We know why Timmy looks so alarmed. Yikes, that’s not so good.
4. Britney Britney, an obvious nod to Britney Spears. Not sure how kid-appropriate Britney is.
5. Hey, eyes up here! His eyes are directed right at her chest in this one.
6. Mr. Turner twerking with Timmy in his arms. At least put Timmy down if you’re going to bust some moves.
7. Mrs. Turner showing herself off to her son. Bikini contest or not, this shouldn’t be happening.
8. Britney using Cosmo has a powder brush. And Cosmo is loving every minute of it.
9. Carly and Timmy have tattoos of each other’s name put on them. Carly is also sporting a lot of cleavage.
10. Dale Dimm, who is considered the village idiot. That must be why he’s showing half of his butt.
11. Cosmo is so happy that he wants to “make a motion.” Please make any other motion.
12. Cosmo’s plastic surgery gone wrong. But he decides that he likes them and wants to keep them.
13. A congratulatory hand touch. Like a high five? Actually, we’re not even going to go there!
14. There was that time when Timmy lost his bathing suit in the pool. Poor Timmy!