Although iCarly is no longer on the air, it will always be in our hearts. It was an ah-mazing show. For starters, it had Miranda Cosgrove as the leading character, Carly Shay. After her time on Drake & Josh, this was the best news ever! Plus, her BFFs Sam Puckett played by Jennette McCurdy and Freddie Benson played by Nathan Kress are the perfect sidekicks. Despite the awesomeness that was this Nickelodeon series, there are some terrible life lessons that you might not even know you learned while watching it.
If you thought you learned bad lessons from Wizards of Waverly Place you will be shocked by what you learned in this Nick show. Yes, you will still love the hilarious comedy, but you will never look at it the same way. Trust us!
1. The internet is totally safe. Ya, no it’s not! The amazing crew of Carly, Sam and Freddie trust the internet way too much. It is not that safe and it’s a terrible example to set for kids.
2. Humor fixes everything. Sorry to bust your bubble iCarly fans, but jokes don’t fix your problems. They usually lighten the mood though, so that’s a positive.
3. Life has no consequences. This might be the worst thing you learned while watching the teen show. Everything in life has consequences despite what this goofy trio says. Somehow they get through life without any real issues, which is totally unrealistic.
4. Living without your parents is normal. When you really think about this, it’s super sad. Most kids have at least one parent that they live with, but Carly’s are nowhere to be found. Where are they?
5. Not eating lunch is okay. Having a can of cheese for lunch is not normal, it’s actually really gross and a little depressing. Sam thinking it is fine is totally twisted.
6. Having an older brother means you get away with everything. Oh man, how we wish this was true. Big brothers are usually very protective, which Spencer is sometimes, but in real life your older sibling would have way more rules for you to follow. Even they were really cool, there would be rules!
7. Pranking people will make you cool. Wrong! Pranks are fun every once and a while but Sam pranks everyone all the time and it is annoying and mean. You have to pace yourself when pulling pranks, because not everyone will be on board.
8. Being a third wheel is fun. It’s really not. Although we love this trio as much as you do, one of the friends always ends up being left out, which actually sucks.
9. Money grows on trees. Does Spencer really ever work? How is their house so nice? It makes no sense.
10. Your crush will date you if you’re mean to them. What? This is ridiculous. Whether it’s Freddie liking Carly, or Sam liking Freddie, there is no way that your crush would like you if you were always a jerk to them, duh.
11. Making fun of your teacher online won’t get you into trouble. The whole premise of this show starts with Carly and Sam accidentally seen talking bad about their teacher in one of Freddie’s videos of them online, yet they never get in trouble. Don’t follow this life model because you will get in BIG trouble, trust us.
12. Having your own web show is cheap and easy. Ya, it’s not. They have SO much equipment and it seems like endless amounts of time and money to make their show. Yes, it is funny, but realistically this could never happen.