We have so much love for Jennifer Lawrence that it pains us to read the ridiculous rumors that tabloid magazines make up about her. J.Law isn’t a stranger to these crazy stories, and like Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande, she definitely couldn’t escape pregnancy rumors either. While Jen has been busy winning Oscars and attending the Met Gala (!), the rumor mill has been churning out just about every fabrication they can think up about her!
From pregnancies to on-set romances, check out all of the ridiculous rumors ever made about Hollywood’s most down-to-earth actress:
1. When she was involved in a ‘secret romance’ with her Hunger Games co-stars (OK! Magazine, April 2012). Jen’s Hunger Games character, Katniss, was romantically linked to both Liam Hemsworth’s and Josh Hutcherson’s characters, Gale and Peeta, so of course gossip magazines automatically assumed there would be real-life romance on the set. Not true. Jen, Josh and Liam are #squadgoals for sure.
2. When she got engaged to Nicholas Hoult (OK! Magazine, February 2014). The tabloids really love this rumor, especially when Jen was caught wearing a ring on that finger. While the rumors turned out to be untrue, we absolutely love Jen and Nicholas as a couple and wouldn’t be mad if they did get married in the future.
3. When she was ‘furious’ at Kristen Stewart (ibtimes.com, August 2014). When Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult teamed up for their new movie Equals, rumors started swirling that J.Law as furious at K.Stew and jealous that she had become so close to her on-again off-again boyfriend. Jen cleared these rumors up reaaaaaal fast when she sat down with Marie Claire saying, “There was something in a magazine, and I was like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s hilarious,’ because Kristen and I are friends. I actually texted her a picture of it and was like, ‘Just so you know, this is absolutely true.'” We love her sense of humor about things!
4. When she was pregnant (OK! Magazine, October 2014). Jen was caught hanging out with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin and while the two may legitimately be spending time together, the tabloids took it a step too far when they circulated rumors that she was pregnant with his baby. We can all see how this one panned out.
5. When she was in love with her co-star (OK! Magazine, November 2014). While all fans of The Hunger Games wishes these two would date, tabloids tried to make it a reality by splashing their non-romance on the cover of a magazine. The cover also falsey claims that they have been secretly dating for weeks and that Jen made the first move.
6. When she allegedly had an on-set fight with her Joy director David O. Russell (CinemaBlend.com, February 2015). Could you imagine J.Law getting into a fight on set with her director? We can’t either, especially given how serious she takes her work. The rumors started when eyewitnesses revealed that the two were screaming at each other and were allegedly having a heated argument. Jennifer quickly cleared up the rumors on her Facebook page writing, ” I know I don’t go on here a lot because I can barely work email but there’s been a terrible rumor going around the last 24 hours so I wanted to clear it up. David O. Russell is one of my closest friends and we have an amazing collaborative working relationship. I adore this man and he does not deserve this tabloid malarkey.” The ‘heated argument’ that the eyewitnesses saw was really a hype-up exercise to get Jen ready for the next scene.
7. When she was involved in a forbidden romance with Bradley Cooper (OK! Magazine, April 2015). Sure, Jen and Bradley would make an amazing couple. They’ve been in like a million movies together (okay four), but, sadly, the rumors are just that — rumors. It takes years to make a movie, and since the two have filmed four together, the fact that they’re going to build up a close friendship is inevitable.