While oily skin is said to keep your face looking younger as you age, it’s annoying AF right now. Hey — just being honest here! Everyone out there with pores that produce enough oil to fry an egg understand the struggles that we oily-skinned people face every. single. day.
If you’re one of those people who obsessively blot, dab and touch up to try to combat the shine that inevitably develops throughout the day, the following hacks are for you. Trust us, you’ll be saying ‘WHERE HAVE THESE BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!’ in no time.
1. First thing’s first, it’s important to understand WHY your skin gets oily:
2. When you have oily skin, ingredients are super important. Here’s what you want to look for in the cleansers you buy:
3. But you can make your own products, too! Try this toner to tighten your pores:
4. If your oily skin prevents your makeup from staying on, a primer will be your BFF. Here are some of the best you can buy:
5. You can also make your own primer with calamine lotion!
6. In fact, fresh fruits and veggies are some of the best products you can use on your skin.
7. It’s SUPER important to exfoliate your skin, no matter what skin type you have.
8. And clay masks suck out all the gook from your pores, which makes your skin even MORE oily.
9. Clay can be pretty hard to find — we get it. If you don’t have access to clay, you can make another mask with oats and lemon that’s just as amazing:
10. Some of your favorite foods are also AMAZING for oily skin!
11. Let’s talk makeup! Nobody likes concealer that creases and slides as your face gets oily. Here are the best ones to use to prevent this:
12. Finding the right foundation for your skin type is essential for a flawless face, too!
13. Anyone with oily skin knows one thing — blotting papers are EVERYTHING. Don’t want to spend money on paper? You can make your own pack using cheap napkins!
14. Annnnd, believe it or not, a public restroom product actually makes amazing blotting sheets!