Our DIY hacks to get rid of pimples were great and all, but not everyone’s skin issues are that simple. According to WebMD, cystic acne “happens when [bacteria] goes deep into your skin, creating a red, tender bump that’s full of pus.” This severe form of acne “may hurt or itch” and “if a cyst bursts, the infection can spread, causing more breakouts.” Ouch.
While it’s always best to consult with a dermatologist about any concerns you have regarding your skin, we found some incredible natural remedies that are proven to IMMENSELY help you deal with cystic acne. Keep reading!
1. First thing’s first, let’s get a better understanding of what cystic acne actually is:
2. So, what do you do if you suffer from painful acne cysts? A baking-soda paste is one option.
3. You can also make a paste out of sesame oil and turmeric:
4. Ready for a SUPER crazy remedy? Peep this hack you can do using tape and a slice of potato:
5. Using apple cider vinegar as a toner can fix a TON of skin problems, including cystic acne.
6. Before you freak out about putting diaper cream on your face, hear us out. The main ingredient in many diaper creams is zinc oxide, which is also found in many acne products.
7. Cystic acne caused by hormonal imbalances is very difficult to deal with, but using this natural four-step system can be the answer you’ve been waiting for.
8. Essential oils are used for countless things, including treating cystic acne.
9. Anyone with cystic acne knows that even when the zit goes away, the scar can remain for-eh-ver. Whip up this oatmeal mask and watch those bad boys fade before your eyes!