Baking soda to clear up cystic acne, a spoon to create the perfect cat eye, baby powder in your hair for volume — there are a ton of weird hacks out there that will apparently change your life. And guess what? Most of them actually will!
So before you start calling us out on our BS, trust us when we say — the following beauty tips and tricks may seem strange AF at first, but they’ll quickly become things you won’t be able to live without!
1. Red lipstick is only for your lips, right? Wrong! Put a thin coat under your dark circles before your concealer and watch your bags disappear!
2. If you have a problem with your shoes smelling after particularly sweaty days, try popping a few tea bags in ‘em to absorb the odor.
3. Don’t let you parents freak when you grab a beer out of the fridge — simply explain that rinsing your hair with beer is an AMAZING way to repair split ends and get incredible shine.
4. Super-oily skin? Put a layer of calamine lotion on as your face primer and stay shine free all day.
5. Dip a clean mascara wand into some loose powder and apply it to your lashes before covering it with mascara to get INSANE volume.
6. Can’t find the perfect red lip stain? You prob already have it in your cabinet!
7. Hit any black liner pencil with a flame to soften it and instantly make it more intense.
8. Want white teeth but don’t want to spend the money on expensive strips? Rub the white side of a banana peel on your chompers once a day for a week and watch your smile sparkle!
9. Dark armpits are SO annoying! Simply shred up a potato (yes — a POTATO) and rub the pieces on your skin and your pits will be lightened in no time.
10. Hold a dampened green tea bag on your lips for about five minutes to instantly repair even the toughest chapped pout.
11. If you have a hard time painting your nails (especially with your non-dominant hand), simply paint Elmer’s Glue around your cuticles and wait for it to dry before applying your favorite color. Once you’re done you can simply peel away the glue and all of the excess polish will leave right along with it!
12. Kill two birds with one stone by applying eyeliner to your eyelash curler.