Prom is a night that you’ll remember for you entire life, but at the same time, it’s just that — one night. That being said, it can be tempting to spend a lot of money making sure your dress, hair, makeup, accessories, etc., are perfect, but dropping bank on things you’ll probably only wear for a few hours is definitely not necessary. #YAAAAAS!! Put your wallets away, people, because these hacks will teach you how to completely update the shoes you already have!
1. Nothing glamifies an outfit quite like blinging-out a classic wedge!
2. If you’re feeling super over the top, just go ahead and dunk your entire shoe into straight-up glitter!
3. It’s amazing how much a simple black cap can change up the look of your heels:
5. You can do the same thing on flats, too!
6. More of a flat sandals kind of girl? Make simple pair of rubber flip flops into shoes that are totally prom-worthy!
7. Use a bit of lace to make your shoes match your retro aesthetic.
8. Or if you’re more of a glam gal, you can use the same technique but with sparkle!
9. Bows are EVERYWHERE lately! Instead of spending a pretty penny on a trend that might go out of style, do it yourself!
10. Love glitter but don’t want your shoes to take over your prom look? Put it on the bottom of your heels!
11. Nothing is worse than annoying scuffs on your favorite heels. Luckily, glitter fixes all!
12. Miu Miu’s embellished heels will cost you a pretty penny, but these DIY bad boys are just as cute and WAY cheaper!
13. Make a serious statement at prom with these INCREDIBLE chain-covered booties:
14. Going for a more edgy prom look? Grab yourself some spikes and make your high heels badass AF!
15. Your friends will NEVER know you’re wearing your go-to pair of heels after you completely change up their look:
16. You don’t have to wear heels to be fancy; sparkly ballet flats are definitely prom appropriate!
17. Be the talk of the night by adding a simple chiffon pom pom to your nude pumps. Zooey Deschanel approved!