We’ve all been there — that horrifying moment when you realize the waxing lady took too much off your eyebrows, or when you accidentally pluck a group of hairs you did not want to remove. Sure, knowing how to properly fill in your eyebrows can make all the difference in your makeup routine, but if your brows are a mess to begin with, there’s only so much you can do with gel, powder, etc. Follow these hacks to learn how to groom & shape your brows to perfection without having to put your faith in a total stranger (or your unfamiliar hands).
1. Before you start grooming your brows, you need to decide which shape will flatter your face the most.
2. Have that figured out? Good! Here’s how you figure out where each important part of your brows should start:
3. Sometimes it’s easier to fill in your eyebrows BEFORE you start tweezing, trimming, etc., so you know what not to touch.
4. Applying dots to where the front, tail and arch of your brows should be is also very helpful.
5. If you want natural-looking eyebrows, don’t tweeze any hairs from the middle of your brows.
6. Brush the front of your eyebrows up and the tail of your eyebrows down to see which hairs need to be trimmed.
7. Once you get the hang of grooming your brows using tweezers, you may want to venture into more intense cleanup… like threading!
8. Waxing your own eyebrows can be very intimating, but it’s actually pretty simple:
9. For quick and easy maintenance, use a straight razor to CAREFULLY remove stray hairs from your forehead/temple:
These 20 beautiful women will make you proud to have thick eyebrows:
Photo: ABC Family
Photo: Instagram (@emmyrossum)
Photo: Instagram (@hilaryduff)
Photo: Instagram (@caradelevingne)