You can practice cool hairstyles all you want, but sometimes frizz gets in the way of becoming the #HAIRGOALS celebrity you always dreamed of. While there isn’t a magic fix that’ll get rid of frizzy locks forever, there are quite a few tips and tricks that’ll help you tame it when it does happen.
1. First thing’s first, let’s talk about what frizz is and what causes it:
2. There are some big DOs and DON’Ts if you have frizzy hair. Here are some major ones to remember:
3. Believe it or not, items you probably already have in your kitchen can be great for preventing frizz:
4. You can use coconut oil for a lot of things, but it’s AMAZING as an anti-frizz spray:
5. Almost every hair-care brand sells anti-frizz products, but these are some of the best:
6. Using a diffuser is a great way to get rid of frizz, especially if you have curly hair:
7. Have a few strands of unruly hair that just won’t go down? Spray a little bit of hairspray on a clean spoolie and you can tame those bad boys in no time!
8. You probably never realized this, but towels can cause frizz — swap out your towel for a t-shirt after a shower and you’ll notice a difference in no time.
9. Frizzy hair is ultimately caused by dryness, so using a super moisturizing mask at least once a week will help combat that.
10. QUICK TIP:
11. Hot showers are great and all, but cold water can really help add shine and prevent frizz.
12. Going to sleep with wet hair is (usually) a surefire way to cause frizz. If you want to wake up with gorg locks, however, try the pineapple trick!