You have your dress, you have your shoes, you probably even have your makeup look picked out — you’re almost completely ready for prom 2017!!! But one thing you may not have completely figured out is what you’re going to do with your nails on the big day. We mean, you’re obviously gonna get ’em done, because no one wants effed-up fingers to go with their stunning ensemble…but manicures are expensive AF and usually don’t last that long.
Not to worry — we’re here to tell you that doing your own nails for prom is totally possible and if you follow the below hacks, tips, and tricks, no one will be able to tell you didn’t get them manicured by a professional.
1. Here are the steps you need to follow to create the perfect mani:
2. If you struggle with getting nail polish on your cuticles, try this method using Elmer’s glue:
3. Breaking a nail SUCKS, but it doesn’t have to be the end of your long-nail goals:
4. Use lotion to remove nail polish from your skin after it’s dry:
5. Here’s how you should be painting your nails:
6. Removing glitter polish is the WORST, but it’s not if you do it like this:
7. You can also use Elmer’s glue as your base coat to really save yourself some time when removing glitter:
8. Matte nails are super cool! Here’s how you can get ’em at home:
9. PRO TIP!!!
11. Everyone loves a French manicure, especially for formal events, but not everyone has the confidence to create one on their own. Here’s how you can do it the easy way:
12. Never ruin your perfectly painted nails again by taking off your toenail polish with a tampon!!