You read it right, Miley Cyrus is taking on Broadway! Well, a song from a Broadway show anyway. Though the 20-year-old’s better known for her twerk-able music/moves nowadays, she’s no stranger to slow, heartfelt tracks.

In the above video, you can hear the “We Can’t Stop” singer’s stripped-down version of Eponine’s solo from Les Miserables, “On My Own.” The same one Samantha Barks crooned in the 2012 film; the same one Lea Michele sang on the pilot episode of Glee. We’re sure you’re familiar with ‘em both. (Right??) But what do you think of MiCy’s cover? Take a listen, then tell us your thoughts in the comments below, or on our Miley Cyrus message board!

Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” video is creepy sans music…

Could Miley’s Single Replace the National Anthem?

by: on | in Music

Tagged:

Comments

10 Responses to "Miley Cyrus Covers ‘Les Miserables’ Song “On My Own” (VIDEO)"

Christina says:

Music is a way of expression; each phrase tells a story. This is especially true in musical theater. While I do give artists interpretive license, the way Miley sang On My Own did not give justice to the song itself. Her voice did not flow; it jumped to and emphasized the high notes of each phrase. Personally, I do not care for her pop voice on a classic song.

Maria says:

This is the Miley I like…

Emma says:

I like both versions! Yeah Lea Michele was amazing and powerful but with Miley she sings her own way and calm. They both have amazing voices but if I had to listen to one of their versions over and over I would pick Mileys

Stephanie says:

As someone who’s completely obsessed with Les Miserables, I have to say that this is one of the WORST covers of On My Own or ANY Les Mis song. She’s trying to put edgs, allegro and staccato when it was meant to be sung in legato. She completely missed the accelerando and completely missed the adagio parts!

Mariah says:

This song is one of my FAVES! It’s a very hard song to tackle. I think she did very well, the way she ended each word was beautiful :) proud

Robbie says:

I think Samantha Barks’ version is the best. I mean, she played Eponine on the west end, how can anyone compare to the actual Eponine?

Sammy says:

Lea Michele sang this song so much better!

alexis says:

zac daaaaa the other one is ug-to the ly

Andrea says:

Lea Michele was WAY better. Lea Michele is EXTREMELY talented. I mean she was actually on broadway, how can you compete with that?

Andrea says: